4.28.2008

Losing my grip

In light of recent events in my life, I’ve decided that I need documentation.


Documentation.


Yes. I said it. Certain things happen to me that, later on in my life, I would like to reference those points and say to myself, “You have come so far!”


Such as: Every morning I have a routine. I wake up, put the dog out, grab half a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds, a glass of CranApple juice and plop myself on the couch to spend the next 20 minutes waking up enough to get ready for the day. Well, one day this week, my routine did not go according to plan. You see, my routine also involves covering up with a warm blanket as I am sitting down. And since I only have two hands, it usually takes some maneuvering to keep a good grip on my juice and cereal, because Lord knows I’m not putting those down! Well, as I was strategically holding on to ‘the goods’ for dear life, trying to get in the best position possible, I managed to dump my ice cold glass of juice down my head, all over my body and onto my white carpet. Only I, Queen of Slip-Ups, could manage to pour a glass of juice over my head without realizing it was about to happen to….myself! So, instead of spending my usual leisurely 20 minutes oohing and aaahing over the news, I had to spend it frantically stripping in the middle of my kitchen and scrubbing my carpet till my fingers bled. Then I had to put my sticky, Cran drenched body BACK in the shower to REWASH what I had already washed.


You see, this is why I need you, Internet. To keep me humble. To help me move past these moments of stupidity and lack of grace.


Yup. Documentation.

2 comments:

BaldSpot said...

Haha. Just say no to the CranApple shower! But hey, mission accomplished right? It woke you up. Excellent post, fraulein.

Destination Beautiful said...

Yay! I'm so glad you started. now we can keep in touch better. Although- I might be your neighbor the way things ar elooking! ha ha Well- not stillwater neighbor but still pretty close!